Bentley Systems Inc., the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, has released the Update 2 (08.02.00.31) of STAAD Foundation Advanced CONNECT Edition, a software package for the analysis and design of a variety of foundations.
These include general foundation types such as isolated, combined footings, pile caps, slab on grade or on piles (mat foundations), octagonal, strap, and, plant foundations such as vertical vessel and heat exchanger foundations.
A part of the STAAD family of products, STAAD Foundation Advanced can import and update the geometry, loads, and reactions from a STAAD.Pro model after which it will design the foundation type that we want at those supports. If the type happens to be a pilecap, it can determine a number of pile arrangements and design the pilecap for the arrangment that we choose. Data can also be brought from spreadsheets (e.g., such as that in Microsoft Office Excel®) into STAAD Foundation Advanced.
The output from the program includes customizable reports of the calculations performed, general arrangement drawings, and schedule drawings. The reports are a useful tool for line by line checks to determine the correctness of the calculations if the engineer wishes to do so. The program's graphical interface enables users to view the displaced shapes, shear and moment diagrams, stress distribution, and, reinforcement layout.
For mat foundation designs, STAAD Foundation Advanced creates a finite element model of the mat slab on grade. Soil is treated as spring supports whose stiffness is determined based on the size of the elements of the FE mesh. The model is then analyzed using STAAD.Pro, and, design of the slab is performed by aggregating the results across elements that are clustered into design strips.
In addition to the benefits that interoperability with STAAD.Pro provides, the program also functions in a standalone mode.
What's New in CONNECT Edition Update 2 (build 08.02.00.31)
STAAD Foundation Advanced now includes Bentley's CONNECT Advisor, which allows you to search Communities, LEARN content, online videos, and more from one convenient window.
- Integrated Structural Modeling v6
Bentley's Integrated Structural Modeling has been enabled again in STAAD Foundation Advanced. The program is compatible with v6 of ISM. Also, when using ISM repositories created by other applications, STAAD Foundation Advanced can import data pertaining to point supports only. Data pertaining to curved supports (line supports included) is not imported.
- Automated Updates via the CONNECTION Client
You will be notified of updates to STAAD Foundation Advanced automatically in the Bentley CONNECTION Client application. This application is installed with the STAAD Foundation Advanced CONNECT Edition and runs in the Windows system tray. You can manually check for updates by opening the CONNECTION Client and selecting the Applications tab.
- STAAD Foundation Advanced Replaces STAAD.foundation 5.3
When this version of STAAD Foundation Advanced (CONNECT Edition Update 2 build 8.2.0) is installed, it will uninstall the old version of STAAD.foundation V8i SELECTseries 4 (release 5.3).
Also, when you run STAAD.foundation from the STAAD.Pro V8i Foundation mode, that program will open this version of STAAD Foundation Advanced instead. This replaces the free installation of STAAD.foundation V8i which was included with STAAD.Pro V8i. You may now run STAAD Foundation Advanced without a license to perform design of a limited set of foundation types. When you run STAAD.foundation or STAAD Foundation Advanced from STAAD.Pro V8i, you will be presented with a dialog to choose the license configuration.
- License Configuration
STAAD Foundation Advanced can be run with all features with a license. You may also run the program without a STAAD Foundation Advanced license in limited version which allows you to design a limited number of general foundation types.
- Setting Load Case Types in Batch
Setting a load type as Service, Ultimate or Primary for a number of load cases at a time is now possible from the main branch of the Loads & Factors page.
- Updated Examples
New examples have been added for modules such as vessel foundation, isolated footings, combined footings, and mat foundations for codes such as European and Canadian. These can be accessed by clicking the Examples link on the Start page.
- The STAAD.Pro model created by SFA for mat foundation analysis is now provided in the same folder where the SFA file is kept. Also, after the analysis of the mat is completed, the STAAD.Pro output file for that analysis is automatically displayed enabling you to see if there are any errors or warnings resulting from improper input data for the mat.
- For mat foundations for which the finite element analysis is performed using the STAAD.Pro analysis engine, the output pane at the bottom of the SFA screen will no longer display tables for node displacements support reactions, and, plate stresses. The reason is that the STAAD.Pro input file is not readily accessible from the same folder where the SFA input file resides, and you can use the facilities of STAAD.Pro to view those results. The benefit that accrues from the removal of these items is that it can lead to a considerable increase in speed with which the results are displayed after the analysis is complete for large models.
- Effective from this release, calculation sheets are always saved. When you re-open the model, they can be displayed without having to re-analyse the model.
- For isolated footings, punching shear check per Eurocode is now performed at a distance 2d from the face of the column, as discussed in section 6.4.2 of the Eurocode EC2. The diagram for the punching shear perimeter is as illustrated in figure 6.13 of the EC2 document. In CONNECT Update 1 and earlier (08.00.01.33), punching shear was checked on a perimeter at a distance of d/2 from the face of the support.
- When SFA reads an input file, if it finds mistakes in the values in the load safety factors, the following rules are applied to correct them automatically:
. For load cases classified as Primary, the Serviceability factor and Design factor are set to be the same.
. Loads having the type Ultimate cannot have the Design Factor set to zero.
. Loads having the type Service cannot have the Serviceability Factor set to zero.
- Under the Apply Self Weight and Dead Weight Factor table, if service load combinations are found to have the Include option unchecked, the following warning is displayed in the Output Pane. These messages mean that the selfweight of the mat will not be considered to calculate the base pressures and displacements for those service cases.
- Also, the Dead Weight factor cannot be applied as zero if the Include option is checked in the Apply Self Weight and Dead Weight Factor table. That is because it is a contradictory setting - you are asking the program to include selfweight, but using a factor "0" means zero selfweight should be considered.
- More detailed reporting in the output pane of the causes of failure during design of footings. A number of improvements have been made in the program in areas such as handling of input, removal of defects in calculations for some of the foundation modules, display of output, printing, drawing generation, stability related aspects that resulted in crashes or caused the program to freeze, extensive time taken for analysis of certain modules, etc.
About Bentley Systems, Incorporated. Bentley is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive architecture and engineering software solutions for sustaining infrastructure. Founded in 1984, Bentley has nearly 3,000 colleagues in more than 45 countries, $500 million in annual revenues, and, since 2001, has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Product: STAAD Foundation Advanced
Version: CONNECT Edition Update 2 (build 08.02.00.31)
Supported Architectures: x64
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even / 8.x / 10
Download File Size:442.64 MB