Thinkbox Software, best-known for its Krakatoa particle tools, announced the new version of Stoke MX, is an easy to use particle simulator for Autodesk 3ds Max, designed to simplify and accelerate the creation of high volume particle clouds driven by Velocity Fields. Supported Velocity Field sources include FumeFX simulations and Stoke Velocity Fields, other particle animations from Particle Flow, Thinking Particles or external particle file sequences in PRT or RealFlow BIN formats, 3ds Max Force SpaceWarps etc.
What's new in Thinkbox Stoke MX 2.3.6:
This update include new capabilities and/or bug fixes that improve the 2.3.5 release.
Stoke MX 2.3.5 Change Log: http://www.thinkboxsoftware.com/stoke-mx-change-log/
About Thinkbox Stoke. Thinkbox describes Stoke as an easy-to-use particle simulator that speeds up the creation of high-volume particle clouds driven by velocity fields. It supports sources including simulations from FumeFX and Thinkbox's Ember plug-in (which is still in beta), Particle Flow, Cebas thinkingParticles, 3ds Max Force Space Warps, and formats like PRT and RealFlow BIN. It's designed to operate well with other Thinkbox products, including Krakatoa, Frost, Genome, and Ember.
Stoke MX can be used to accelerate particle creation by using velocities defined in an original particle sim to drive similar motion with many more particles in Stoke. Thinkbox said the process can be up to seven times faster when using Stoke instead of the original simulation software to create a dense cloud on an eight-core system.
Thinkbox says Stoke allows artists to work through different iterations of a complex effect quickly without having to redo the base simulation.
Here's the description of key features provided by Thinkbox:
- Quick particle generation from other particle systems, geometry surfaces, volumes, vertices and edges including selection and soft-selection support, as well as from Sitni Sati's FumeFX simulations.
- Optional emitter channel acquisition with minimal overhead
- Particle advection using velocities from other particle systems or files, 3ds Max force space warps, FumeFX simulations, Thinkbox's Ember simulations, and other Stoke simulations
- Velocity field mixing, scaling and optional divergence removal from particle-based velocity fields to produce uncompressible fluid motion
- Flexible memory caching for fast simulation iterations and interactive viewport playback
- PRT file saving using one or more background threads, decoupling the simulation from the particle saving process for even faster iterations
- Integration with local and Thinkbox's Deadline partitioning
- Extensive MAXScript exposure enabling the creation of custom Stoke-based tools
- Compatible with the Thinkbox's Krakatoa MX high-volume particle renderer and its various components including PRT Loader and other PRT objects, Magma and delete modifiers, particle data viewer, etc
- Compatible with Thinkbox Software's Frost particle mesher (version 1.3.5 and higher)
About Thinkbox Software Inc. Thinkbox Software provides creative solutions for visual artists in entertainment, engineering and design. Developer of high-volume particle renderer Krakatoa and render farm management software Deadline, the team of Thinkbox Software solves difficult production problems with intuitive, well-designed solutions and remarkable support. We create tools that help artists manage their jobs and empower them to create worlds and imagine new realities. Thinkbox was founded in 2010 by Chris Bond, founder of Frantic Films.
Product: Thinkbox Stoke
Version: MX 2.3.6
Supported Architectures: x64
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: The same OS for the version of software that you are using
Software Prerequisites: Autodesk 3ds Max 2013–2018
Download File Size:82.57 MB